A final rule on lithium batteries from the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) was published in the Federal Register on August 6, 2014 (HM-224F, 79 Fed. Reg. 46012). In the rule PHMSA harmonized many of the lithium battery provisions in the U.S. Hazardous Materials Regulations (U.S. HMR) with those in the international standards such as the ICAO Technical Instructions, International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) Code and UN Model Regulations. Immediate voluntary compliance with the amended requirements is authorized immediately and compliance is mandatory by February 6, 2015. Continue reading
- OSHA announces November 10th, 2014 webinar regarding updates to chemical facility safety and security under Executive Order 13650
- Infographic | Dangerous Goods on Roads and Rails: Placards
- DG Spotlight | PHMSA Harmonizing HMR with UN Model Regulations, IMDG and ICAO
- Canadian Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations (TDGR) Released!
- Infographic | The Evolution of Complication