If you are reading this on the regular distribution, then it’s Halloween Day. Happy Halloween! The Labelmaster family hopes that everyone enjoys the holiday safely. This is a two week digest to cover last week’s “skip,” however, activity remains quite low and as such, we have a fairly minimal report for you. Here’s what was new these last two weeks:
The agency announced the charter renewal of the MCSAC, a Federal Advisory Committee that provides the Agency with advice and recommendations on motor carrier safety programs and motor carrier safety regulations through a consensus process. This charter renewal took effect on September 29, 2017, and will expire after 2 years. Here are all the details
- The agency renewed an information collection in reference to the required posting of emergency response telephone numbers and floor load limits at construction sites. Good to know if you are building or rebuilding your site—recall that as the owner, you can be liable for omissions of a general contractor, so be sure that your contractors are doing what needs doing. Here all the info
- OSHA has revised its silica standard and the new rules went into effect on 9/23/17. They have updated the information and guidance pages that relate to this issue. Here is a link to the revised pages
The agency released a draft strategic plan for the fiscal years 2018 – 2022. The four main goals the agency states it will pursue are:
- Safety: Reduce Transportation Related Fatalities and Serious Injuries Across the Transportation System
- Infrastructure: Invest in Infrastructure to Ensure Mobility and Accessibility and to Stimulate Economic Growth, Productivity and Competitiveness for American Workers and Businesses.
- Innovation: Lead in the Development and Deployment of Innovative Practices and Technologies that Improve the Safety and Performance of the Nation’s Transportation System.
- Accountability: Serve the Nation with Reduced Regulatory Burden and Greater Efficiency, Effectiveness and Accountability.
If you’d like to comment or contribute, act by November 13th. Here’s your way in
Labelmaster is a full service provider of products and services for the Hazardous Materials and Dangerous Goods professional, shippers, transport operators, and EH&S providers. See our full line of solutions at www.labelmaster.com.