Week of April 26th, 2021
Linking technology news with Dangerous Goods compliance
As more goods are being purchased online, shippers are being forced to adapt to new challenges, or finally address previously ignored gaps within their supply chains.
To help companies keep a pulse on technology trends impacting business and the movement of dangerous goods throughout the supply chain, Labelmaster has launched “Supply Chain Moves,” a bi-weekly report linking the latest technology news to dangerous goods compliance.
Let’s examine the recent supply chain technology and industry news.
- Supply Chain Technology: The Age of Acceleration: Innovations focused on safety, visibility, flexibility, efficiency and sustainability are helping supply chain professionals compete in a changed world.
- Business-To-Anything Integration Supports Agile Supply Chains: Supply chain collaboration networks, which provide wide ranging visibility to events occurring upstream and downstream in supply chains, can help companies be more agile.
- How Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Proprietary Algorithms Drive Sustainability Across the Supply Chain: Sustainability is beginning to gain traction across supply chains where the impact can be especially significant when supported by leading-edge technologies, like AI-empowered digital decision-making
- Four Tech Start-up Winners Pilot Projects with Gulftainer: Four tech start-ups are leading breakthrough work to transform the ports and logistics sector by piloting projects with Gulftainer.
- Toyota Creates Autonomous Vehicle Company to Handle E-commerce and Labor Trends: Toyota is creating a new company to focus on autonomous vehicles, pulling together resources from its many constituent companies to meet the growing demand for automation driven by e-commerce growth, labor shortages and the need for flexibility.
- Do This, Not That: Dangerous Goods Shipping 101: ProShip and Labelmaster discuss how to classify dangerous goods, how to store the related data, how to safely execute a shipment and why automating that process is so important and advantageous to your business.
- 2021 Top 100 Logistics IT Providers: Inbound Logistics’ 2021 Top 100 Logistics IT Providers guide shines a light on the brightest and most innovative logistics technology providers.
- How Logistics Technology Helps Shippers Overcome Challenges: Continuous technology innovation is helping shippers keep pace with changing market dynamics and customer requirements. How is new technology making a difference today? Which of the many capabilities are most important?
- Top 8 Warehouse Management Systems to Research: Efficient warehouses are key to customer satisfaction. Learn about some of the top warehouse management systems, including some of their benefits and drawbacks.
Technology & Dangerous Goods Compliance
The e-commerce market continues to thrive and doesn’t show any signs of slowing down. As more consumers shop online, shippers need to be aware of the ramifications for any dangerous goods (DG) shipments they may now be processing or are processing unsafely or incorrectly.
The foundation for understanding the implications that DG shipping may bring starts with understanding dangerous goods themselves, and what regulatory requirements may apply. Only then can shippers take a more strategic approach to DG management.
In a recent ProShip ParcelCast episode, ProShip’s Justin Cramer and Clint Boaz and Labelmaster’s Kristen Dapore examine current DG shipping trends and challenges, including how to classify them, how to store the related data, how to safely execute a shipment and why automating that process is so important and advantageous to your business.
A key component to efficient and compliant DG shipping is automation. DG shipping can be a complex and time-consuming process and, as a result, inefficiencies, errors and delays can likely be found across each supply chain partner. Utilizing DG shipping software can help automate and streamline the process by providing instant, accurate and compliant DG shipping documentation while validating shipments against the latest regulations.
In addition to automating shipping processes, utilizing DG shipping technology helps organizations have more complete and accurate master data. And without proper data, no technology can work to its fullest potential.
Want to know more about shipping DG? Check out [ProShip ParcelCast] Episode 8: Do This, Not That: Dangerous Goods Shipping 101.
Have questions about dangerous goods transport? Call the Labelmaster Regulatory Hotline at 1.800.621.5808.
You don’t have to be tech savvy to use the industry’s most robust, flexible, and advanced hazmat shipping software. DGIS is so simple to use, it makes your job easier—while it helps keep your shipments from being rejected by carriers or regulators.
See for yourself! Tell us a particular UN Number you ship and we’ll create a quick personal video of DGIS making it simple.