Week of May 24th, 2021
Linking technology news with Dangerous Goods compliance
Digital transformation has been a hot topic across all market segments in recent years, but the need for greater supply chain digitization became clear during the COVID pandemic.
Let’s examine the recent supply chain technology and industry news.
SUPPLY CHAIN NEWS
- CEOs See Growth in 2021, Marked by 3 Shifts: The 2021 Gartner CEO Survey shows that CEOs are placing their growth bets on new segments and increasing investment in digital initiatives.
- Progress Report on the Digital Supply Chain: For years supply chain consultants have urged companies to digitize their supply chains as a way to reduce paperwork and increase visibility. Progress, however, has been both uneven and slower than desired.
- Study Shows 74% of Digital Supply Chain Planning Transformations Influenced by COVID: A recent found only 3% of companies experienced no COVID-related business impact, while 42% say the pandemic has accelerated their digitization plan.
- How Companies can Digitally Map Their Supply Chain to Drive Visibility: As companies across all industries examine supply chain digitization initiatives, one thing is clear: there’s a lack of visibility across supply chains everywhere. Here are best practices on how to drive visibility across your supply chain network.
- Is E-Commerce Part of Your Digital Transformation?: The pandemic put a new emphasis on the importance of leveraging digital channels.
- BNEF Talk: Digitalizing Supply Chains with Track and Trace: BloomberNEF’s Kirti Vasta talks about how the role of digital technologies in supply-chain management is increasing as sustainability, traceability and ethics are pushed to the forefront.
- Accelerated digital transformation. The supply chain challenges companies faced during the pandemic spotlighted the need for greater visibility, communication and operational efficiency – and accelerating digital transformation efforts.
- Greater visibility through better data. The need for greater visibility is a driving force behind the digitization of supply chain networks. And access to timely and accurate data – throughout your organization, as well as suppliers, carriers and logistics providers – is critical to achieving the level of visibility desired by investing in digitization efforts. Without proper data, no technology or process can work to its fullest potential.
- Data is the key to compliant hazmat transport. A product’s components, makeup, dimensions and origins impact every process required for DG shipping, so having complete, accurate data is key to streamlining compliant hazmat transport and unlocking efficiencies across all the locations and departments in your organization. Make sure that personnel throughout the supply chain have access to that information and understand how it will impact shipping processes – don’t just assume that the warehouse or other departments will automatically know how to handle DG shipments, even if you have warehousing or shipping software in place.
Have questions about dangerous goods transport? Call the Labelmaster Regulatory Hotline at 1.800.621.5808.
You don’t have to be tech savvy to use the industry’s most robust, flexible, and advanced hazmat shipping software. DGIS is so simple to use, it makes your job easier—while it helps keep your shipments from being rejected by carriers or regulators.
See for yourself! Tell us a particular UN Number you ship and we’ll create a quick personal video of DGIS making it simple.