Week of August 17th 2020
Linking technology news with Dangerous Goods compliance
The dangerous goods supply chain complex, high risk and constantly evolving. That’s driving more companies to leverage innovative technologies throughout their operations.
To help companies keep a pulse on technology trends impacting business and the movement of dangerous goods throughout the supply chain, Labelmaster has launched “Supply Chain Moves,” a bi-weekly report linking the latest technology news to dangerous goods compliance.
Let’s examine the recent supply chain technology and industry news.
- The New DG Exchange: Your Connection to the Dangerous Goods Supply Chain Community: New digital community brings together supply chain and business professionals to share ideas, learn and collaborate about dangerous goods issues.
- Gartner: Eight Technology Trends in Supply Chain: As supply chain leaders seek to explore the benefits of digitalization, it has become critical to leverage innovative technologies that have the potential to disrupt supply chain operating models.
- Why Manufacturers are Lagging in the Digital Transformation Race: Manufacturers are investing in cutting-edge tech on the factory floor, but are overlooking the need for digital transformation of the entire business.
- Technology Innovations Transforming the Supply Chain: New technology innovations have enabled companies to automate processes, manage the supply chain and track data.
- Report Details What’s Driving Change in Logistics: To what extent can a more efficient and sustainable logistics system be achieved by using of digitalization technologies such as the Internet of Things (IoT) and 5G?
- How ERP Bridges the Gap Between Logistics and Finance: eCommerce businesses must acknowledge the connection between logistics, accounting and overall business management in a period of high growth.
- Quest for Quality 2020: Third-Party Logistics: In the current volatile business environment, logistics service providers are taking dramatic action to generate positive impact quickly through technology.
- Logistics Companies Turning to Robotics and Automation as a Way Out of Coronavirus Crisis: Logistics companies are turning to robotics and automation as a way out of the coronavirus crisis, according to a new report.
- 10 3PLs Killing it with Distribution Logistics: Here are 10 3PLs that are making noteworthy advancements in the world of distribution logistics.
Technology & Dangerous Goods Compliance
Shipping dangerous goods is complex and high risk, leaving professionals at various levels of organizations looking for information, searching to find answers to questions or simply trying to stay on top of the latest trends, challenges and regulatory changes. That was a driving force behind the creation of the DG Exchange—the dangerous goods industry’s first digital community.
The DG Exchange is a one of a kind place where supply chain and business professionals can share ideas, learn and collaborate in order to navigate dangerous goods issues, challenges and trends—empowering them to positively impact their businesses.
The DG Exchange provides a range of opportunities for members to engage around the key trends and challenges impacting the dangerous goods industry.
- Groups: Discover resources, members, events and conversations centered on key dangerous goods topics—regulations, training, lithium batteries, technology in the supply chain and supply chain management.
- Events: Attend live virtual events throughout the year or view on-demand webinars on a wide range of supply chain topics.
- Resources: Access articles, blog posts, infographics, podcasts and more to stay up-to-date on the latest DG issues, trends and best practices.
- Forums: Engage with other members by asking questions and participating in ongoing discussions about specific hazmat-related topics.
- Member Directory: Find and connect with community members located in specific regions of the world, who have specific areas of expertise or similar job roles or focus areas.
The community is special because it’s the individuals involved in the DG supply chain who are driving discussions, sharing content and collaborating with each other. That means you! You get to start the conversations. You get to make the connections. You get to post articles, blog posts and other resources you believe other members will find helpful.
Join the DG Exchange community to connect with your peers and access exclusive content to empower your organization to better manage dangerous goods.
Have questions about dangerous goods transport? Call the Labelmaster Regulatory Hotline at 1.800.621.5808.
Labelmaster’s Dangerous Goods Information System (DGIS) is the leading SaaS solution to help companies more efficiently and accurately manage their Dangerous Goods shipments. DGIS validates your Dangerous Goods shipment data against the latest regulations, ensuring a more efficient supply chain and reducing friction found in Dangerous Goods shipments. DGIS is a certified partner/validation solution with ERP, transportation and warehouse management systems.