Week of March 20th, 2023
Linking supply chain news with dangerous goods compliance
Organizations looking to boost supply chain performance are investing in their warehousing systems and processes in order to automate and streamline operations.
Let’s examine some recent industry news.
SUPPLY CHAIN NEWS
- Warehouse Management Systems Reigns in the Modern Warehouse: A long-time mainstay in productive warehouse environments, WMS is more than proving its value in today’s resource constrained business environment.
- Top 7 Best Warehouse Management Systems In 2023: BizReport outlines the pros and cons of several leading WMS to help you select the right solution for your needs.
- Redistributing Inventory and Co-Warehousing are the Solutions to Excess Inventory: For merchants that are holding onto inventory, there are two warehousing strategies proven to be beneficial: redistributing inventory and co-warehousing.
- 5 Ways to Improve the Sustainability of Your Warehouse: Warehouses expend lots of energy and emissions. Here’s why warehouse sustainability is so important, plus five must-know tips to achieve a greener warehouse.
- Why Warehouse Automation Isn’t Yet Widespread: Companies have been slow to bring in robots due to costs. Is that changing?
- 6 River Systems Debuts New Mobile Fulfillment App: 6 River Systems announced plans to launch its Mobile Fulfillment app designed to increase speed and efficiency within a warehouse.
- Don’t assume your DG shipping needs are covered. While most companies already use WMS, TMS, ERP or OMS platforms, they still may not have the DG management functionality they need. In fact, the DG Global Confidence Outlook found that only 41% of DG pros surveyed said their WMS possesses all of the necessary DG supply chain functionality. And only 29% percent said their ERP system possesses all of the DG functionality needed.
- Give the warehouse the data they need. Effective DG management begins with knowing what kind of DG shipments a company is processing and making sure that personnel throughout the supply chain have access to that information. Don’t just assume that the warehouse will automatically know how to handle DG shipments, even if you have warehousing or shipping software in place. Without proper data, no technology can work to its fullest potential.
- Integrate compliance into your WMS. To optimize supply chain performance, compliance must be integrated into your other systems. When manual processes divert hazmat shipments from standard WMS, TMS or ERP workflows, it doesn’t just add time for every shipment, it also ties up workers who could otherwise be performing more productive tasks. These delays and inefficiencies can add up to significant productivity losses.
Learn how you can simplify dangerous goods shipping. Register for Epicor and Labelmaster’s webinar “Enhance Compliance and Increase Efficiency with Complex Dangerous Goods Shipments,” April 11, 2023, at 1pm ET | 12pm CT.
To learn more about dangerous goods software or how to establish a safer, more compliant supply chain, visit https://www.labelmaster.com.
Have questions about dangerous goods transport? Call the Labelmaster Regulatory Hotline at 1.800.621.5808.